Karan is like a father and I’m very fond of Katrina: Alia Bhatt

Not too long ago, Bollywood star Alia Bhatt denied rumours of dating her Kapoor and Sons co-star Sidharth Malhotra, adding she wants to remain focused on her acting career. Well, fast forward two months and it seems as though the Badrinath Ki Dulhania actor has had a change of mind. She recently revealed that she is open to a romantic relationship but is not willing to settle down any time soon, reported Pinkvilla.

“I think that you can put your career first and still be all up for commitment. My career is my focus, but there has to be a balance in life. In a relationship, I look for quality as opposed to qualities in a guy. You can have all the qualities, but the relationship can still be boring. I am not somebody that has a fear of commitment, but that said, I also don’t want to get married right now,” she said.

Alia who recently moved out of her parents’ house also talked about the new bond she shares with her family. “Since I’ve moved out of my home, I’ve become closer to my parents. Now there is an effort made to spend time together and we don’t take it for granted. I am very close to my sister as well. She is my best friend, my mother and my sister, all in one. We don’t talk daily but we are very close.”

Getting candid about her friendships in the industry, Alia said, “I do have close friendships in Bollywood. It’s a cliché that they don’t exist. I am friends with Ayan Mukerji and Abhishek Varman – both directors are my best friends. Karan Johar is like a father to me and I am also close to and very fond of Katrina.”

Comments