Oscars 'seal clap' was intentional, says Nicole Kidman


Apart from the glitch in the Best Picture award at the Oscar’s this year, what made bigger headlines were Hollywood star Nicole Kidman’s hands. Specifically, whether she was trying to communicate with seals when trying to clap, reported The Guardian.

The Lion star has finally spoken about her bizarre style of clapping that left everyone including her fans appalled. In her defence, she was trying to protect her oversized diamond ring.

“I was clapping but it was really difficult because I had a huge ring on that was not my own so it was absolutely gorgeous and I was terrified of damaging it,” she said. “It was really awkward! I was like, ‘Gosh, I want to clap, I don’t want to not be clapping,’ which would be worse, right? ‘Why isn’t Nicole clapping?’”

Kidman wore 119 carats worth of Harry Winston diamonds at the ceremony, which included a cluster diamond ring.



Comments